The existing single lane roundabout was constructed nearly 20-years ago and is operating at a failing level of service after reaching its design year horizon. The north-south route serves as a major access point for the Badger South Sub-Area and access to the I-182 Interstate. The east-west route serves as major access to the westerly developing areas of the City including a proposed high school and commercial/residential development.
The intersection improvements project was awarded preliminary engineering and right of way funds in 2020. The intersection been evaluated to determine appropriate capacity improvements to accommodate future demand volumes. A multi-lane signalized intersection was identified to meet the current demand and future needs for this Principal Arterial intersection.
The project has been awarded to Total Site Services, LLC, a local area contractor. Construction will be completed in phases with the first phase reconstructing the south half of the intersection and the second phase reconstructing the north half. To reconstruct the intersection, traffic will need to be narrowed down and pushed to one side of the roadway at a time. This will restrict some movements and require temporary routing of traffic to other arterial/collector roadways.
Construction and Traffic Impacts
PHASE 1 & 2 DETOUR MAP (PDF)
Phase 1 Work Area: April thru July (south half of the intersection)
Phase 2 Work Area: July thru September (north half of the intersection)
- Bombing Range Rd will be closed between Keene Rd and Kennedy Rd for the duration of the project.
- Bombing Range Rd, north of Keene Rd, will remain open in both direction for the duration of the project. (other than scheduled intersection closures)
- Keene Rd, Eastbound, will be close between Watkins Way and Bombing Range Rd. Detour using Watkins Way and Kennedy Rd.
- Keene Rd, Westbound, between Kennedy Rd and Belmont Blvd will remain open for the duration of the project. (other than scheduled intersection closures)
- Keene Rd, Eastbound and Westbound, between Bombing Range Rd and Kennedy Rd will remain open for the duration of project. (other than scheduled intersection closures)
- Bombing Range Rd and Keene Rd intersection will be controlled with a 3-way stop for the majority of the construction phases.
- The Pedestrian Pathway will remain open during Phase 1 but will be closed during Phase 2.
Construction is scheduled to be complete October 2023.
$527,836 West Richland
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: (509)967-5434