How to Start Your Service
Access the New Account Packet (PDF). In the packet you will find the following:
- Welcome from the Mayor
- Application for Service - this should be filled out completely. The "Date service to begin" should be the next day after your closing date or the date of the start of your lease agreement
- SmartPay enrollment (optional)
- Utility rate information - for your information (please also see "What Are My Utility Rates" below)
- Cross connection information - for your information, important, please read
- Information on City parks - for your information
- Other helpful information about the City - for your information
Our office is unable to process new utility applications in person while the Municipal Services Facility (MSF) is closed to the public until further notice due COVID-19. Staff can accept applications electronically through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 509-967-5706. Applicants may also submit applications via mail or drop them off at the MSF night drop box at 3100 Belmont Boulevard West Richland, WA 99353.
Required Documents to Start Service:
- Signed Application for Service
- Copy of official photo identification (typically a driver's license).
- Notarized copy of the proof of ownership (e.g. deed of trust). Note: If you do not have a notarized copy of your deed, our office will try to work with the closing company to obtain a copy.
All required paperwork should be received by the City within 72 hours of closing date.
This process should take approximately 5 to 10 minutes once you get to the counter if you already have all your paperwork completed, signed, and available.