For power outages or other concerns related to your electricity service, please contact Benton REA at 1-800-221-6987 or 509-967-2921.
Utility Bill COVID-19 Customer Support Program
The City of West Richland is taking the following steps to provide utility bill relief during the COVID-19 emergency:
- Past Due Fees: Utility billing staff will still be generating past due notices, however, no fee is associated with them. Sending out notices is an important City internal control step and gives customers the opportunity to contact us if there may be an issue.
- Water Shut-Off: During the COVID-19 emergency, the City will not be shutting the water off for non-payment as required by the Governor's Proclamation
- Short-Term assistance: The City has a promissory option available to residential customers which extends their payment due date to the 15th of the following month. The deferral fee is waived during the COVID-19 emergency. Typically, there is an annual limit on the number of promissory notes that can be completed during a calendar year. During the COVID-19 emergency, customers may have unlimited promissory arrangements.
- Flexible Long-Term assistance: Residential customers struggling to make their payment due to COVID-19, can enter into a long-term payment arrangement with the City. All interest and administration fees associated with a payment arrangement are waived during the emergency.
- Business Support: Commercial utility customers temporarily closed due to COVID-19 can submit a temporary discontinue service application to stop services for Water, Sewer, and Garbage. Disconnect and reconnect fees will be waived for those requests made during business hours.NOTE: Customers must have water disconnected in order to disconnect sewer and garbage service. If the customer is not supplied by the City water service, a temporary disconnect would not be applicable.
In addition to the options we have listed, the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services has a Disaster Cash Assistance Program (PDF) online.
We are here to help. Utility customers struggling to make their utility payments are encouraged to reach out to the City's utility billing team. Staff can be reached by phone during business hours at 509-967-3431, option 4, or by email.
Utility Services Offered
We are pleased to offer our citizens and business owners the following utility services:
- Irrigation (where applicable)
If you are new to the City, welcome! We are glad you decided on West Richland. To establish your services, please visit the "How To Start My Service" page.
If you are already a valued customer of the City and have questions about your services, please browse through the sections on this page to find your answer.
Other Utility Services Provided in This Area
- Cable - is provided by Charter Communications or call 888-207-1540.
- Electric - is provided by Benton Rural Electric Association (BREA) or call 800-221-6987.
- Gas (where available) - is provided by Cascade Natural Gas Corporation (CNGC) or call 888-522-1130.
- Irrigation (where available) - is provided for most of West Richland by Columbia Irrigation District (CID) and for a small part of the City by Kennewick Irrigation District (KID). The City has three areas of town where we provide the infrastructure to move irrigation water to customers. CID can be contacted at the CID website or by calling 509-586-6118. KID can be contacted online or call 509-586-9111.
- Telephone - is provided by Frontier Communications, view their website