- Community Development
- Development Services Resources
Development Services Resources
Provided are the most commonly requested application forms. If you do not see the form you need, please contact the Planning Department.
For specific questions regarding an application, or to schedule a pre-application conference, please email the Planning Department.
Applications & Informational Sheets
Tip Sheets & Checklists
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Suppression System Application (PDF)
- Manufactured and Mobile Home Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Miscellaneous Building Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Revision Request Form (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
All applications will require a submittal checklist along with the building permit application.
Land Use Applications
- Address Application (PDF)
- Boundary Line Adjustment-Parcel Combination (PDF)
- Conditional Use Application (PDF)
- Critical Areas Variance Application (PDF)
- Final Plat Application (PDF)
- Final Short Plat Application (PDF)
- Floodplain Application (PDF)
- Grading Application (PDF)
- Land Division Minor Revision Application (PDF)
- Owner Authorization Form (PDF)
- Plat Alteration Application (PDF)
- Plat Extension Request Application (PDF)
- Preliminary Plat Application (PDF)
- Shoreline Conditional Use Application (PDF)
- Shoreline Variance Application (PDF)
- Short Plat Application (PDF)
- Variance Application (PDF)
Codes & City Ordinances
- View the Municipal Code for Subdivision of Land online
Note: Not all city fees are reflected in the Master Fee Schedule. Some fees may be found within the West Richland Municipal Code. The city staff is currently working on amending the city code to place all city fees within the Master Fee Schedule.
Information Sheets on Building Projects
- Basic Deck Handout 20 (PDF)
- Demo Permit Handout - Clean Air (PDF)
- Demo Permit Handout (PDF)
- Emergency Egress Windows (PDF)
- Exempt Utility Sheds (DOC)
- Garage Conversion Handout (PDF)
- LPG Tank Handout (PDF)
- Patio and Deck Covers (PDF)
- Site Plan Graph Paper (PDF)
- Stairways Handrails and Guardrails (PDF)
- Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs, and Spas (Residential) (PDF)
- WABO Window Well Handout (PDF)
- WSEC 2015 Energy Cred (PDF)
- WSEC 2015 Prescriptive Worksheet (PDF)
Pre-Application Conferences with the Technical Review Committee
A pre-application conference with the Technical Review Committee is required for all new commercial buildings. A pre-application conference with the Technical Review Committee is recommended for all other projects that will require processing of a City Application (SF dwellings and duplexes generally exempt). The Technical Review Committee consists of Planning staff, City Engineer, Building Official, and Fire Authority. Other agencies and/or utilities will be invited to attend as needed.
The purpose of the pre-application conference is to assist applicants in preparing their development applications for submittal to the City, to identify potential problems, and to streamline their development review process. These pre-application conferences are informal and provide an opportunity to meet with the City departments responsible for development review. City representatives will review the submitted materials, provide comments, and may also identify issues or concerns wherever noted. It is not meant to be a detailed, all-inclusive review of proposed plans or ideas.
Please be aware that any communication or checklists provided to you at this meeting do not imply approval or conditional approval of the pending application. Future processing and review of your formal application may require changes, alterations, or additional information to clarify the details and design of your proposal.
Pre-application conferences are held every Thursday beginning at 2 pm. Appointments are granted on a first come/first serve basis. Appointment times will not be held for an applicant that has not submitted a pre-application package in advance.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, submit a completed Pre-Application Conference Request Form to Associate Planner Elisha Ransom and you will be advised of the next available date. Include with your request: a. Preliminary site plan; b. Preliminary floor plan of building interior (if applicable); c. Written narrative of the project (optional); d. List of questions for staff (optional). Please remember, Staff can only give feedback on the information submitted.