Park Plans, Usage Policies & Reservations
Parks & Recreation Master Plan
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will guide the development and management of the City's parks and recreation for the next 10 years. The plan was prepared by Pros Consulting over the last several months after the receipt of extensive public input.
Please contact the Community Development Department Staff at 509-967-5902 with questions or visit our office.
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF) (Note: this is a large file and will take some time to download.)
Parks Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Transition Plan
The City of West Richland is in the ongoing process of improving its parks system to enhance accessibility and safety. The ADA Transition Plan will provide an ADA assessment and set of recommendations for a 10-year prioritization and schedule for implementation at each park.
Park Usage Policies
The city has policies relating to Non-Discrimination in Community Athletic Programs, Scheduled Use of Athletic Facilities. In addition, the city abides by RCW 28A.600.190 (Concussion and Head Injury Guidelines - Injured Athlete Restrictions). View the official council-adopted policy information (PDF). Learn about reservations on the Parks page.
- All parks within the City of West Richland are closed between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am, including the parking area. Hours of operation may be extended by requesting a special permit from the City of West Richland.
- No motor vehicles outside the designated parking area at the park.
- No firearms in the parks, including air rifles or pellet guns.
- No destruction of vegetation.
- No golfing.
- No unauthorized burning.
- No consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages.
- No unauthorized dumping of trash or garbage. All trash must be deposited in dumpsters or other trash receptacles provided at the parks or must be removed from the park.
- Dogs must be on leashes, in accordance with WRMC 6.32.020.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Pet owners must have materials/equipment in their possession to accomplish this task.
- No loud noises generated by mechanical or electrical means other than as permitted by the City of West Richland.
- No flying of remote control aircraft.
- No use of roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, or similar hard-wheeled devices on any tennis court located within city parks.
- No horse, mule, pony, or similar riding animal is allowed in any city park.
- Park reservations can be made at the City of West Richland.